If you’re looking for a fantastic place to spend some time this winter then look no further than BIG4 Tweed Billabong.
We pride ourselves on having one of the most sociable grey nomad communities of any park on the Gold Coast. Stay for a week or longer and you’ll soon discover why so many of our guests come back year after year.
Each year we put together a winter program of activities that our guests absolutely love – and hopefully you will too.
Organised activities include:
- Complimentary morning teas every Wednesday.
- Drinks by the fire or overlooking the Billabong every evening.
- Billabong Cup ‘horse racing’ (simulated with toy horses and dice).
- Trivia or Bingo nights.
- Day trips exploring the local area.
- Croquet on the grass (informal game run by the nomads).
- Bocce at our Bocce Pit (again, organised by the nomads)
- Various themed meals including filled baked potato and High Tea parties.
Many of these activities take place in our Kitchen & Lounge – which is what we believe to be the best you’ll find at any caravan park in the country.
It’s the perfect venue for all of our events and you can also take advantage of the area to relax in front of the fire with a book, play cards with friends or have a quiet drink on the deck at the end of the day.
The Perfect Spot For A Long Stay
Our park is perfectly positioned for you to take advantage of everything that Tweed Heads & Coolangatta have to offer through the winter months.
For sports fans, we’re located nice and close to all of the major bowls and golf clubs in the area.
The International Bowls Tournament at Tweed Heads Bowls Club is held each winter and always draws a good crowd, while Tweed Coolangatta Golf Club and Club Banora offer some of the best value golf on the coast.
With 5 large clubs in the area, there’s always something to keep you entertained. All of the clubs offer excellent discounted meals and entertainment such as free movies, bingo and international music.
And there’s no shortage of great shows to choose from at Twin Towns.
Each year in June, Coolangatta plays host to the Cooly Rocks On Festival. Showcasing classic cars and rock ‘n roll nostalgia, it’s one not to be missed!
Our large powered van sites are situated close to the amenities or we have large grass sites suitable for 5th wheelers.
Our Grey Nomads In Action
Our Winter 28+ Rates For Seniors
We offer special rates just for our travelling Seniors. It’s great value for those travelling Australia and the ‘Grey Nomads’. Staying in cabins is a great way to experience the atmosphere and activities of Tweed Heads and the Park, without towing a van.
- Only available for ‘Seniors’ with a valid Australian Seniors card.
- Minimum stay 28 consecutive days. Maximum stay 70 days (if applicable).
- Available 6th May 2024 – 12th September 2024.
- Not valid with any other discounts, except a once only maximum BIG4 discount of $50 on arrival for both Perks+ and VIPerks members.
Terms and Conditions for Winter 28+ stay rates
- Valid for seniors on presentation of a Seniors card. Minimum stay is 28 nights, maximum stay is 10 weeks.
- Winter rates are valid only if the minimum stay requirements are met in a continuous stay.
- Rates are for 2 guests only, additional guests at standard rates.
- Winter rates are valid in off-peak and winter periods only. An additional charge of $10 per night for sites and $40 per night for cabins is applicable over ‘Cooly Rocks On’ period of 5 nights (Long weekend in June).
- Winter rates do apply over the June-July school holidays, however they do not apply over NSW and QLD Easter/April and the September/October school holidays. Any nights stay during these periods will be at standard rates.
- Not valid with any other discount or special rate except for a once off BIG4 discount of $50 for either Perks+ or VIPerks members.
PAYMENT: 2 nights stay is required as a deposit at the time of booking. A further 5 nights (to make a full week) is required along with confirmation of final dates on 1st May each year.
On arrival (or prior) a further 3 weeks is required to ensure that your first 4 weeks are paid in full. Winter 28+ rates are not available unless first 4 weeks are paid. Following that, a minimum of 2 weeks payment is required at a time.
CANCELLATION OR REDUCTION: Should you reduce to less than 28 nights, a standard nightly rate is applicable. A minimum of 1 month is required for cancellation. If less than 1 month is given, your 1 week deposit will be retained.
GUARANTEED SITES: Please note that we do not guarantee cabin or site numbers. You may be moved to a site or cabin of the same type at the manager’s discretion.
NB – the above activities program is a sample only.